Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council
What is the Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council?
The Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council is a professional community and network for supply chain risk management practitioners, leaders, and stakeholders formed in 2015. While Resilinc remains the technical advisor and principal sponsor, the plan is that the Council will incorporate as a Not-for-Profit with a dedicated staff.
The principal goals of the Council are to:
- Bring together SCRM and resiliency practitioners with luminaries and thought leaders to advance the professional discipline through opportunities to collaborate, share best practices, and be recognized for innovation and leadership
- Elevate the profile of supply chain risk management and resiliency challenges and opportunities vis-a-vis the C-level strategic agenda
The Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council has over 1,100 general members and has an open membership policy. Interested individuals within the business community and academia that wish to become a member of the community can do so by joining the LinkedIn discussion group by the same name.
Why is this Council being formed now?
Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) is an emerging professional discipline and technology solution category that has delivered significant business value to innovators and early adopters of SCRM concepts and business practices. It has not yet “crossed the chasm” to mainstream (early and late majority) enterprise adoption. The success of the journey to achieve supply chain risk management and resiliency institutionalization will depend on four key factors described below. The GSCRC will either facilitate or drive directly each these factors:
- Executive Education requires business cases/ROI evidence and strategic alignment
- Stories and & Recognition involves marketing and PR of company and individual success stories
- Supplier Collaboration and Trust depends on win-win incentives and secure processes and technology
- Community Building implies an open “go to” professional community (i.e. a watering hole) supporting all of the above.
The time is right for a global supply chain resiliency council to galvanize the collective energy of our professional community and to give it a focal point and a strategic path forward. The Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council provides a promising platform for democratizing risk management expertise and best practices for all companies and their partners.
How will we know when we’ve got there?
This is what supply chain resiliency and risk management institutionalization looks like:
Connect with Resilinc
Sales & Support (408) 883-8053