Milpitas, CA – October 15, 2015
. Resilinc is proud to be prominently featured in Yossi Sheffi’s new book The Power of Resilience – How the Best Companies Manage the Unexpected
. The author of the widely read The Resilient Enterprise
(2005), focuses now on deep tier risks as well as corporate social responsibility, long-term disruptions, business continuity planning, emergency response preparedness and detection. Resilinc is referenced as exemplary of a new generation of supply chain technology companies addressing key challenges such as sub-tier supply chain visibility and mapping. Yossi Sheffi is a professor of engineering systems at MIT and Director of the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics. He is also an active entrepreneur having founded or co-founded five successful companies. To learn more about Yossi Sheffi and his new book, you can:
- Watch this video interview with the author discussing the inspiration for the new book, real world success stories, the role of technology, and advice for executives moving forward.
- Attend a Resilinc hosted book-signing. Complimentary copies of the book will be provided to participants who register here.
- Date/Time: November 3, 2015; 4:30-6:30PM EST
- Location: Biogen Headquarters, 225 Binney Street Cambridge, MA
- Register for a chance to receive a complimentary copy of The Power of Resilience by visiting our web site.
- Join us at the 2016 Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council and Awards event where Yossi Sheffi will deliver the keynote address.
- Date/Time: February 24, 2016, 8:30-5:30PM PST
- Address: Sheraton Palo Alto, 625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
“Yossi Sheffi is one of the most inventive and comprehensive thinkers in the supply chain and resiliency spaces,” said Frederick W. Smith, Chairman and CEO, FedEx Corporation. “His latest book is a must read for organizations hoping to leverage the strategic competitive advantages that resiliency and preparedness provide.” Added Bindiya Vakil, founder and CEO of Resilinc, “This meticulously researched and engagingly crafted landmark book is not a theoretical review of risk management methodologies and “what if” scenarios. Rather, it is chock full of real-life stories of company preparedness efforts, actual impact, recovery efforts, and lessons learned from the likes of Boston Scientific, Cisco, Delphi, EMC, and General Motors.”