New Book The Power of Resilience Details How the Best Companies Manage Supply Chain Risk While Achieving Competitive Advantage
Resilinc is proud to partner with Author Yossi Sheffi on events that share lessons learned and key findings
Milpitas, CA – October 15, 2015. Resilinc is proud to be prominently featured in Yossi Sheffi’s new book The Power of Resilience – How the Best Companies Manage the Unexpected. The author of the widely read The Resilient Enterprise (2005), focuses now on deep tier risks as well as corporate social responsibility, long-term disruptions, business continuity planning, emergency response preparedness and detection. Resilinc is referenced as exemplary of a new generation of supply chain technology companies addressing key challenges such as sub-tier supply chain visibility and mapping.
Yossi Sheffi is a professor of engineering systems at MIT and Director of the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics. He is also an active entrepreneur having founded or co-founded five successful companies. To learn more about Yossi Sheffi and his new book, you can:
- Watch this video interview with the author discussing the inspiration for the new book, real world success stories, the role of technology, and advice for executives moving forward.
- Attend a Resilinc hosted book-signing. Complimentary copies of the book will be provided to participants who register here.
- Date/Time: November 3, 2015; 4:30-6:30PM EST
- Location: Biogen Headquarters, 225 Binney Street Cambridge, MA
- Register for a chance to receive a complimentary copy of The Power of Resilience by visiting our web site.
- Join us at the 2016 Global Supply Chain Resiliency Council and Awards event where Yossi Sheffi will deliver the keynote address.
- Date/Time: February 24, 2016, 8:30-5:30PM PST
- Address: Sheraton Palo Alto, 625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA
“Yossi Sheffi is one of the most inventive and comprehensive thinkers in the supply chain and resiliency spaces,” said Frederick W. Smith, Chairman and CEO, FedEx Corporation. “His latest book is a must read for organizations hoping to leverage the strategic competitive advantages that resiliency and preparedness provide.”
Added Bindiya Vakil, founder and CEO of Resilinc, “This meticulously researched and engagingly crafted landmark book is not a theoretical review of risk management methodologies and “what if” scenarios. Rather, it is chock full of real-life stories of company preparedness efforts, actual impact, recovery efforts, and lessons learned from the likes of Boston Scientific, Cisco, Delphi, EMC, and General Motors.”
Resilinc is the leading cloud provider of supply chain resilience and risk management intelligence and analytics. Industry leaders like Amgen, GM, and EMC rely on Resilinc to mitigate risks end-to-end, while achieving long-term competitive advantage, and building brand and shareholder value. Resilinc’s flagship SCRM solution platform and services deliver the fastest time-to-value and the lowest resource Impact. It accomplishes this by providing the world’s largest repository of supplier and part intelligence leveraging the power of our “LinkedIn” supplier community; the most robust set of dashboard visualization and patent-pending analytic functionality for proactive planning and risk quantification; and the only solution that personalizes your impact analysis by automatically connecting incidents with your supply chain map so you don’t have to.