Global supply chains have been impacted in recent years as the result of a host of highly disruptive events including devastating natural disasters, factory explosions and fires, economic crisis, labor disputes, and other unforeseen disruptions. These disruptive events, including Superstorm Sandy, the explosion and fire at the Bombardier plant in Quebec, and the explosion at the chemical plan in Japan responsible for as much as one-fifth of the global market of super-absorbent polymers, have caused many executives to rethink supply chain risk mitigation strategies in order to lower the potential impacts of future events. All of these events have been shown to have disrupted global multi-tier supply chains, resulting in raw material shortages, price increases or production interruptions, and causing companies to pay premiums for acquiring parts and moving freight. Supply chain professionals currently lack the information and tools needed and are constantly seeking answers to common questions such as:
- With so much going on globally, how do I know which news events are relevant to my supply chain?
- When a supply chain disruption event occurs, how can understand the potential impact?
- If a disruption event does impact us, what information do I need and how do I pull it together?
- How long will it take my supplier to bring back operations after a disruption and in which their business is impacted?
Resilinc EventWatch offers a complete solution to monitor global supply chain disruptions on an on-going and scalable basis.
Monitoring Global Multi-tier Supply Chain Disruptions
Supply Chain Impact Analytics
Virtual War Room
Monitored Event Categories
- Factory fires or explosions
- Chemical spills
- Labor or transportation strikes
- Macroeconomic news
- Sudden quality problems or recalls in the news
- Financial/Bankruptcies news
- Workforce problems
- Geopolitical problems
- Infrastructure problems
- Natural or man-made Disasters
- Seasonal events (e.g. Chinese New Year)
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- USDA and Food Safety
- Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)
- Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER)
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
- Dept. Health & Human Services
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission
- US Geological Survey (USGS)
- Global Disaster and Alert Coordination System (GDACS)
Benefits of Using Resilinc EventWatch
- Gain first mover advantage through global event monitoring. Resilinc has enabled customers to quickly secure inventory and capacity during different disruptions.
- Reduce top and bottom line financial impact from potential supply chain disruptions.
- Improve customer satisfaction through proactive response.